WHO KNOWS ANYMORE

Welp, it is official. I have reached complete zoom overload. The last 7 days have been an absolute slog. Have maintained working 12+ hour days and am feeling exhausted to the core. My body aches from sitting at the computer and my brain is in total screen fog. I’m finding it torturous to be inside staring at my laptop while I can see the sunshine setting the nearby maples on fire. Also really struggling with how much is on my plate. I don’t know how I can physically work any harder and it honestly doesn’t seem possible to get through all of the homework. Having such a difficult time with not being able to give each assignment my all, it feels like I have to race through projects with barely being able to comprehend what I am doing. I’m frustrated because we are learning so much but there is not enough moments of pause to be able to fully process and integrate the information.

Though, all things considered, I am still feeling extraordinarily grateful that UVIC has found a way to adapt our program to an online format to ensure we can continue on our chosen career path; just hitting that November term fatigue. It’s pretty insane to think how dramatically my day to day changed once school started. I went from dog walking deep in the wilderness amidst the elements for 5+ hours a day to complete stagnation at a desk. I never knew your joints could hurt from lack of exercise !?

Okay all complaining aside (hehe), I am continually struck with the support and reassurance my cohort has provided day in and day out. I’m SO lucky to be in cohort 2. We have formed a tight knit crew and I’m excited to be building a network of friends and connections that I can continue to draw from as we all enter the work force.

I am breathing a slight sigh of relief this afternoon knowing that we are entering into the beginning of our reading break. I had three presentations in the past 4 days and am certainly glad to have them behind me. Working on group assignments and team teaching projects online proved to be a rewarding challenge. I’m much more confident now delivering a  cross-curricular, multi-modal lesson online. I enjoyed the lesson planning immensely and have so many new online tech tools to draw from. My list of available resources just continues to grow!