Foundations

This week I dug deep into my library and pulled out some informative yoga references. I really appreciate the skeletal images provided in “The Key Muscles” textbook. It highlights a great visual representation of the joint stacking required to enter and hold this pose.

Preparatory Poses:

• Downward Facing Dog
  • Mountain Pose
  • Plank
  • Feathered Peacock
  • Reclining Hero
  • Eagle
  • Cow Face Pose

Wrist Warm Up Video

IMPORTANT TO ALWAYS STRETCH AND WARM UP APPROPRIATELY !

Today I activated my Trello board. I’m really excited to have access to an online tool that can help me make lists and keep track of my goals. I’ve always been an avid list maker and Trello really takes it to the next level. I like how user friendly the interface is, and how the ease of moving tasks from in progress to done. The visual layout helps me to take mental note of what still needs to be completed.

Oh yeah, and did I mention I learned how to screen shot on a mac!? It’s been such a game changer! I can use CONTROL/COMMAND/3 for a straight screenshot, or CONTROL/COMMAND/4 if I want to select a particular portion of my screen.

2 Replies to “Foundations”

1. Hey Anna,

Look at all of these amazing resources you have found to help you in your completion of a handstand. It’s super interesting how these images give you a detailed look at what muscle group you are working when going inverted. I find the term “muscle stacking” to be very interesting. I cant wait to see you upside down! Keep Going.