Week 3

This has been such an insanely busy week. Every time I think that I have gotten a handle on all of the assignments I realize there are many more I’ve missed! I’m afraid my transition into the world of online learning has not been as graceful as I had planned. I’m hoping my clumsiness will fade as the term progresses.. Apart from all of the intermittent course load panic, the last few classes have actually proved to be extremely interesting. In my EDCI 352 Multiliteracies course on Thursday we were fortunate enough to be joined by Rich McCue from the Digital Commons. He presented an introductory workshop on TWINE a digital story telling tool. After his talk we were all invited to try our hand at creating our own interactive story. I even earned a digital badge for successfully completing the tutorial!

During our Tech class on Friday we had the opportunity to sit down with Jesse Miller who spoke to us on our online citizenship. He covered a number of enlightening topics including online privacy, safety, bullying and consent. I found his lecture extremely informative and his talking points gave me much to consider. I have been thinking a lot recently about my online presence and last year I made the decision to make my instagram private and change my facebook name to an alias. I would not feel comfortable having students be able to find me on social media. I’ve since tried to google myself and the only thing I can find is a memorial piece I penned for a famous Norwegian Philosopher.